Contact Email

My contact email: 1tgoding@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Foam Flotation in the Bow Compartment

 


In preparation for the bow compartment buoyancy, I'd collected bags of polystyrene foam. I thought this was a good idea until I had to cut it up. This stuff makes so much mess, it goes everywhere. I even found it in my undies. 





But I persevered and eventually filled the bow area.






On September 1, 2022, I posted a forward anchor mod to the bow area. My intention is to make this compartment watertight so as to not lose any buoyancy. I also installed the round bow eye access port in the floor of this compartment instead of in BH 2.




If you zoom in on this pic, you can see the bow eye nuts through a 90 mm pvc pipe pictured below.





I glued the pipe in place to hold it securely while I installed the polystyrene foam in the bow compartment. 











The polystyrene foam is cleaned up and levelled to the bow area deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment