Contact Email

My contact email: 1tgoding@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Cockpit floor Install

Prior to installing the SB cockpit floor, I threaded the centerboard pull rope into the centerboard case and over the round nylon pully. Cellotape was fixed to the opening at the top of the centerboard case to prevent epoxy running into the centerboard case.



 

The lower hull area and cleats are masked up.









The underside of the cockpit floor is masked up.








And finally, the SB cockpit floor is glued into place with temporary screws and clamps.









Likewise, the port cockpit floor is glued and clamped in place.





Now I'm qualified to say like many builders have previously:

"I can sit on the cockpit of my boat".

How good is that!



Because the footwell space was widened I added two additional cleats athwartships to provide extra strength for the footwell floor. 



So that's another milestone completed, it's quite exciting how one feels when completing the different build stages.

Now it's time to work on the flush timber hatch lids. I'm excited to complete this mod as it involves hinges, locks, reinforcements and most importantly the lids need to be waterproof to keep the lazarette areas dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment