Contact Email

My contact email: 1tgoding@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Lower interior hull sanded

 


After eight hours of "Oh Glorius Sanding"(To use one of Madd's sayings from "Sail Life" on YouTube) I finally had the area ready for painting.

I rough sanded the hull beneath the floorboard level and fine sanded the remaining lower hull and sides, the cabin interior.


As mentioned by many previous builders the sanding is quite a labor-intensive challenge to ensure a smooth finish on the glass overlaps and fillets.

Due to a good layer of epoxy over the glass I was fortunate not to sand into the glass weave.

I cut holes in the floors and bulkheads for two electrical conduits to run the length of the boat, it's much easier to do this during the build. I am still researching what electrical gadgets I will be installing so having the extra capacity will be helpful. The conduits will run in the small gap on the outer edge which leaves the deeper section for storage and lead ballast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment