Contact Email

My contact email: 1tgoding@gmail.com

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Speaker Install and Speaker Boxes

 Mod 4: Speaker Installation.

I read in Sun Monkey Island blog a mod for the radio speaker location. I didn't want to clutter up the forward storage area and decided to locate the speakers in BH 8. (Thanks to the builder who gave me this idea). It's much easier installing this prior to the cockpit floor install.




The speaker boxes will mount aft of BH8 in the lazarette area. This will protect the speakers from gear stored in the lazarette area, corrosion to the speakers and water getting into the cabin area.












The boxes are glued together.










...and trial fitted.












The speaker template taped in place on BH8.












...and the holes cut out.










The speaker boxes are glued in place, holes for the wires are drilled in the back of the boxes and because the speaker boxes are enclosed and airtight I drilled a larger hole in the front of the enclosed speaker box through BH 8. I believe this hole is to prevent the lower frequencies getting trapped and enhance bass response. I'll play some Led Zeppelin and test it out.



Thats the end of Fourteen months of construction





No comments:

Post a Comment