Contact Email

My contact email: 1tgoding@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

More sanding and Epoxy coats

 Well, I'm back from gallivanting around with the Mrs. and feeling rejuvenated so it's back to the build.





I know many builders have said it before, but it can't be underestimated the amount of sanding required. 




To make the process a little easier here are my sanding tips:
  • Firstly, and most importantly use appropriate PPE gear.
  • To reduce climbing in and out of the boat keep everything close, either in the boat or on a tray or shelf within arm's reach.

  • Use a sander pad on your oscillating sander it gives better disc adhesion and prolongs the sander base plate.






  • Regularly clean the sanding discs, I use a combination of compressed air and sandpaper cleaning block.....BUT most importantly change the paper often (Keep a good stock as you will go through heaps)


Turn the stereo on and up loud with your favorite music.






After thoroughly cleaning the sanded area, I applied two more coats of epoxy wet on wet using a foam roller in an ice cream container.










I checked off the epoxy coating process on a sheet divided into the segments of the hull.






Finally, the epoxy is completed. The bilge area below the floorboards will be painted but I am contemplating gluing marine hull lining carpet to the area between the floorboards and the gunwales.







No comments:

Post a Comment